Saturday, January 1, 2011

What I'm Doing Today.

After shutting down GSG, the obvious question is what's next. What will I be doing with my copious spare time?

Hopefully I've learned one lesson from last year - and that's to hold your cards a little closer. So, I'm not going to be very explicit in what I'm doing for the foreseeable future. There are the obvious things, of course. Flying Island Press continues to take some time - FlagShip has a Super Secret Subscriber's Only issue coming out next week. If you ever want to see it, you'll have to be subscribed by the end of January, because at that point, we take the files down and it will no longer be available anywhere.

That's Flying Island, though. And I've been teasing people to pay closer attention to Mad Poet Files. What's up with that?

Chris Brogan has this thing where every year he boils down into three words - three concepts that he uses like a compass to guide his actions. Seemed like a good idea, so I thought it would be an interesting idea to do the same myself. I've teased a little about people paying attention here to Mad Poet Files. This is where I'm going to start trying to explore my own three words for 2011.

Reach. Practice. Play.

Reach. Out. Up. Inside. For the Stars. Your Goals.

Practice. What you preach. The way to Carnegie Hall. What a professional does.

Play. Hard. Well. On. For Keeps. For Fun. For All the Marbles. Here’s the crazy part. I really believe this will be the hardest one for me. But it’s also the one that makes the others work.

And that's it. Read your own meaning into that, folks. Your guess is as good as mine at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis